TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1 By purchasing, using or attempting to use a Card, you:
(a)accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions; and
- 1.2 If you let another person use your Card you must tell that person that they will be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. ABOUT YOUR CARD
- 2.1 Your Card is issued by Ticketline Ireland Limited trading as Ticketmaster, a company registered in Ireland (company number 135876) whose registered office is 2nd floor, College Park House, 20 Nassau Street, Dublin 2, D02 VY46, with VAT registration number IE 4873338 U ("Ticketmaster").
- 2.2 Unless stated otherwise in this these Terms and Conditions, all Terms and Conditions which apply to Gift Cards also apply to e-Gift Cards.
- 2.3 The Card contains the monetary value which was paid, in advance, at the point of purchase. It is not a credit card, charge card, cheque guarantee card, or debit card and the balance on your Card will not earn any interest.
- 2.4 Your Card is valid for 12 months from the date of activation.
- 2.5 It is non-refundable and non-returnable, except in accordance with your legal rights, for example if the Card is faulty or in accordance with clause 6. You cannot cancel your Card. Refunds can only be made to the purchaser of the Card.
- 2.6 Your Card has no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged for cash, nor can any cash advance be made on any portion of the value that was loaded onto your Card at the time of purchase.
- 2.7 You cannot exchange your Card for a different denomination or type of Gift Card, nor can you consolidate the unused value of two or more Cards on a new Ticketmaster Gift Card.
- 2.8 Once the monetary value loaded onto your Card at the time of purchase has been used, the Card cannot be reloaded.
- 2.9 A faulty or damaged Card will not be re-issued unless that Card is proven to be faulty or damaged as a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Ticketmaster, or its agents or contractors.
3. CARD PURCHASE AND ACTIVATION
- 3.1 You can purchase a Card from Ticketmaster by telephone on 0818 719300, online or in store at any participating retailer, (not available to purchase in all Ticketmaster Outlets nationwide).
- 3.2 Your Card will be activated and ready to use at the point of purchase. However, it may take up to three working days for an e-Gift Card to be activated and ready to use.
4. WHAT CAN YOU BUY WITH YOUR CARD?
- 4.1 The Card can only be used to buy tickets to participating events and other event-related products or services through Ticketmaster in Ireland ("Ticketmaster Products").
- 4.2 You cannot use your Card to buy ticket insurance or to purchase any goods or services other than Ticketmaster Products.
- 4.3 You cannot use your Card to buy tickets for events taking place outside of Ireland.
- 4.4 No change will be given on purchases made with your Card, but any unspent portion of the value loaded onto the Card at the time of purchase will remain available for future use, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
5. WHERE CAN YOU USE YOUR CARD?
- 5.1 Your Card can be redeemed in part or in full through Ticketmaster by telephone on 0818 719300 or online (when available). For selected events, redemption is only available by phone. These Ticketmaster Euro Gift Cards can be used in Ticketmaster Outlets in the Republic of Ireland and online. They CAN NOT be redeemed in Ticketmaster Outlets in Northern Ireland, England, Scotland or Wales.
- 5.2 You cannot redeem your Card on any websites other than www.ticketmaster.ie, even if they are websites which are linked to, or referenced on Ticketmaster.ie (for example: www.ticketweb.co.uk, www.Eticketing.co.uk, and www.oss.ticketmaster.com).
- 5.3 Your Card may only be used to make purchases up to the value loaded onto the Card at the time of purchase, however a payment for Ticketmaster Products can be made partly using the Card and partly by other accepted payment methods (for example, credit or debit cards). In respect of online purchases at Ticketmaster.ie, the full value of any unused funds remaining on the Card must be exhausted before another payment method will be accepted in respect of the remaining value of the transaction. In respect of telephone purchases, the full value of any unused funds does not have to be exhausted before another payment method will be accepted.
- 5.4 When using your Card for online transactions you will need the 3 digit security number written on the reverse of the Card in order to complete the transaction. In respect of e-Gift Card purchases, the 3 digit security number will be specified in the e-mail which contains your e-Gift Card.
- 5.5 You can also redeem your Card at selected retailers who have access to the Ticketmaster ticketing system, can accept credit and debit card payments and with whom Ticketmaster has a participating commercial arrangement ("Participating Outlet"). A list of Participating Outlets in Ireland can be viewed online. E-Gift Cards cannot be redeemed at Participating Outlets.
- 5.6 Ticketmaster does not represent or warrant that your Card will be accepted by Participating Outlets on all occasions.
- 5.7 You agree that Ticketmaster can reduce the amount of value on your card by the value of all purchases of Ticketmaster Products that are authorised by you. Transactions are authorised by you:
(a) providing details of the Gift Card as required by a Ticketmaster customer services representative or the Ticketmaster website;
(b) in the case of an e-Gift card, entering your 3 digit security number, or allowing an operator or other person to do so.
- 5.8 When you authorise a transaction:
(a) you are confirming that you agree to pay the purchase price of the Ticketmaster Product(s) obtained; and
(b) you are agreeing to pay that purchase price by way of a reduction in the value that was loaded on your Card at the time of its purchase.
- 5.9 You acknowledge that your Card may not be used to purchase goods or services that Ticketmaster is not permitted to supply to you (for example, if you are under 18 years of age you may not, by law, be permitted to attend certain events or acquire certain Ticketmaster Products).
6. CONSUMER RIGHTS
- 6.1 If you have purchased your card online and are contracting as a consumer the following consumer rights apply.
- 6.2 You can cancel your Card purchase and receive a full refund of the price paid for a period of seven working days beginning the working day after you receive an order confirmation from Ticketmaster in respect of your Card purchase. Ticketmaster will also refund any delivery charges. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Card to Ticketmaster, if we request it.
- 6.3 To cancel your Card purchase, please contact Customer Services on 0818 719300. You will need to quote the order number given to you at time of purchase, which can be found in your order confirmation email.
7. CARD EXPIRY
- 7.1 You are entitled to use your Card to purchase Ticketmaster Products for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase of the Card.
- 7.2 Once 12 months have passed since the date of purchase of the Card, you will not be able to use your Card again (even if all or part of the value loaded at the time of purchase remains on the Card), and nor will you be able to claim a refund of any unused value remaining on the Card.
- 7.3 Upon expiry of the Card any unused value remaining on the Card is lost.
8. CHECK YOUR BALANCE
- 8.1You can check the amount of unused funds you have left on your Card online or by calling 0818 719300.
9. CARD SECURITY
- 9.1 You should treat the Card as if it were cash. If you lose your Card it will not be replaced and you will lose any unused funds on it in just the same way as if you lost your wallet.
- 9.2 Your Card number and the three digit security number should be kept secret at all times and should not be disclosed to anyone other than to Ticketmaster or staff at Participating Outlets.
10. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, CANCEL OR REFUSE A TRANSACTION
- 10.1 Ticketmaster may terminate this agreement, cancel your Card, or refuse a transaction if we suspect the Card is being used fraudulently, or in an unauthorised or illegal manner, or if we have reason to believe that you are in breach of this agreement.
- 10.2 If we need to investigate a transaction on the Card then you must cooperate with us, the police and any other authorised body requiring your co-operation.
- 10.3 Ticketmaster can cancel any Card and/or terminate this agreement and refund any unused funds to you at any time if we give you 30 days' notice. The Card remains our property.
11. YOUR PERSONAL DATA
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 12.1 You are responsible for the use and security of your Card and you are liable for all transactions for which your Card is used (except to the extent of any fraud or negligence by Ticketmaster or any employee of Ticketmaster). If your Card is lost or stolen, or you suspect it has been used for a transaction that you have not authorised, report this immediately by calling 0818 719300.
- 12.2 Ticketmaster will not accept liability for Cards which are lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission, unless Ticketmaster has caused this by its negligence.
- 12.3 Ticketmaster shall not be liable for loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings; loss of data or use of data; or consequential, special or indirect loss or damage; even if it has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- 12.4 To the extent permitted by law, Ticketmaster will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (either direct or consequential), nor be in default under these Terms and Conditions, for any failure to perform any of its obligations in relation to the Card which is caused by an event that could not reasonably be controlled or prevented. These events include acts of God, acts or omissions of government or their agencies, strikes or other industrial action, fire, flood, storm, riots, power shortages or failures, or disruption by war, and other acts or omissions of third parties.
- 12.5 Subject to the Terms and Conditions of this agreement, Ticketmaster shall have no liability to you beyond the amount of unused funds which remain on the Card on the earlier of the date on which:
(a) the Card is cancelled by Ticketmaster; or
(b) this agreement is terminated by Ticketmaster; or
(c) the Card expires.
- 12.6 Nothing in this agreement seeks to exclude or limit any liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by negligence;
(b) fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(c) any other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
- 13.1 Ticketmaster may change the Terms and Conditions of this agreement at any time by posting an amended version on Ticketmaster.ie for one or more of the following reasons:
(a) to reflect the introduction or development of new systems, methods of operation, services or facilities (including, without limitation, the addition or removal of goods or services that may be purchased with the Card);
(b) to reflect a change or an expected change in market conditions, general good practice or the cost of providing services to our customers;
(c) to comply with any contract, law, regulation or order binding on Ticketmaster;
(d) to conform with or anticipate any changes in the law or taxation, any codes of practice or recommendations of the Central Bank of Ireland or other regulatory body;
(e) to ensure that our business is run prudently and remains competitive;
(f) to take account of a ruling by a court, ombudsman, regulator or similar body having legal or commercial jurisdiction over Ticketmaster;
(g) to make the Terms and Conditions of this agreement fairer or clearer for you;
(h) to rectify any mistake that might be discovered in due course; or
(i) by agreement with you.
- 14.1 Any delay or failure to exercise any right or remedy under this agreement by Ticketmaster shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy or preclude its exercise at any subsequent time.
14.2If any provision of this agreement is deemed unenforceable or illegal, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. 14.3We may assign our rights and benefits at any time without prior written notice to you. We may subcontract any of our obligations under this agreement. 14.4No third party who is not a party to this agreement has a right to enforce any of the provisions of this agreement. 14.5This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law. You irrevocably agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland in relation to any claim or matter arising out of or in connection with this agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
15. CONTACTING CUSTOMER SERVICES
15.1If you need assistance, you can contact Customer Services by telephoning 0818 719300 between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00pm on Monday to Friday, by writing to Customer Services at Ticketmaster, 2nd floor, College Park House, 20 Nassau Street, Dublin 2, D02 VY46 or via the website.