TICKETMASTER PURCHASE POLICY
- 1. General
- 1.1 We sell tickets and associated products and/or services on behalf of promoters, producers, teams, performers and venues. We refer to these parties who organise or provide the event and/or from whom we obtain tickets and/or associated products or services to sell to you as our "Event Partner".
- 1.2 We sell tickets as and when allocated by Event Partners. The quantity of tickets made available for sale by us vary on an event by event basis. Tickets are generally sold through several distribution points, including online, call centres, ticket centres (ticket outlet) and, in some cases, box offices. All distribution points access the same ticketing system and inventory, therefore tickets for popular events may sell out quickly. Occasionally, additional tickets may be available prior to the event; however Ticketmaster does not control this inventory or its availability.
- 1.3 For some events, Event Partners allocate Platinum Tickets for sale by us. Platinum Tickets are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and teams through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster Platinum enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms may be sold. Tickets do not include any additional benefits such as merchandise.
- 1.4 For some events, tickets may be sold as part of a "Package" (where a ticket for an event is sold together with concessions, merchandise or other valuable benefits such as exclusive seating arrangements, accommodation, transport, dining or merchandise as an inclusive package at an inclusive price) or with an "Upsell" (where, in addition and separately to a ticket, a customer is given an opportunity to purchase car parking, merchandise, travel etc).
- 1.5 In this Purchase Policy, we refer to any products and/or services offered for sale by us (such as tickets, Platinum Tickets, Packages and Upsells) as "Items". Any reference to a ticket includes (where relevant) a Platinum Ticket.
- 1.6 To purchase Item(s) from us, you must be 18 or over and have a valid credit/debit card issued in your name.
- 2. Contract
- 2.1 Any purchase of an Item from us is subject to: (i) this Purchase Policy; (ii) any special terms and conditions which may be displayed on our website; and (iii) the terms and conditions of the Event Partner(s) and/or event, which can be found on their respective websites. Venue terms may also be available at the venue box office.
- 2.2 Your contract for purchase of an Item starts once we have confirmed your purchase and ends immediately after the completion of the event for which you have purchased the Item, save that, if you have purchased any product as an Upsell, your contract for the purchase of such product will end 14 days after the date of delivery of the product to you. All purchases are subject to payment card verification and other security checks and your transaction may be cancelled if it has not passed our verification process.
- 2.3 You agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain any Items through unauthorised use of any robot, spider or other automated device or any other illegal or unauthorised activity. We reserve the right to cancel any transaction which we reasonably suspect to have been made in breach of these provisions without any notice to you and any and all Items purchased as part of such transaction will be void.
- 2.4 We reserve the right to cancel bookings which we reasonably suspect to have been made fraudulently.
- 3. Prices and fees
- 3.1 Purchases from us may be subject to a per Item service charge and a non-refundable per order handling charge.
- 3.2 The price of Platinum Tickets may vary as it is set according to demand at the time of purchase. You pay the price displayed on our website at the time you make your purchase but the price of similar Platinum Tickets may increase or decrease after you have made your purchase. You will not be entitled to a refund if the price of similar Platinum Tickets subsequently falls.
- 3.3 Please note that the price printed on Platinum Tickets is usually its face value rather than the purchase price. You will not be entitled to a refund on the basis that you have paid a higher price than the face value of the Platinum Ticket. Market-based pricing allows us to give fans access to the best tickets, whilst enabling while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value. The price paid for a Platinum Ticket represents its true value at the time of purchase.
- 3.4 Whilst we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any Item you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price (and credit or debit your account as applicable) or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you, you agree that we may treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel after you have already paid the incorrect price, you will receive a full refund from us.
- 4. Cancellations
- 4.1 If you have purchased a ticket, Platinum Ticket or a Package, you are not entitled to cancel your purchase. You are also not entitled to cancel any "Excluded Upsell", such as an Upsell which includes travel, accommodation, catering, transport or leisure services. Full list of Excluded Upsells is available in our cancellation information.
- 4.2 If you have purchased any product as an Upsell (other than an Excluded Upsell), you are entitled to cancel your transaction within fourteen (14) days of the date of delivery of the product (or during such longer period as may be specified in the Event Partner´s terms and conditions). You are not entitled to cancel your associated ticket purchase in such circumstances. To cancel your Upsell purchase, please complete and submit our cancellation form or contact us. Further details regarding your cancellation rights are set out in our cancellation information.
- 4.3 If you have purchased any digital content as an Upsell, you may cancel your transaction within 14 days of the day of purchase, unless you have purchased such digital content during the 14 days immediately before the date of its release or at any time on or after the release date, in which case you will have waived your right to cancel.
- 5. Delivery
- 5.1 We aim to dispatch tickets as soon as possible. We are not able to specify the exact dates of dispatch, as the arrangements for dispatch depend on when we are in possession of the ticket stock used for a particular event. For some events, we receive ticket stock from our Event Partners close to the event date.
- 5.2 Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive. If your tickets have not arrived 48 hours before the event (or, if you are travelling, 48 hours before you leave on your journey), please contact us. Please include your reference number and the name and address the booking is made under.
- 5.3 We post tickets to the billing address of a credit card. If the address in your booking does not correspond to that held by your credit card company, we may cancel your tickets.
- 5.4 Your booking is for entry to the event not a guarantee of receiving tickets. Unless box office collection has been agreed upon all customers should contact the customer services department should they not have received their tickets 48 hours prior to the event taking place.
- 5.5 We reserve the right to make tickets available for collection by you at the venue box office. We will notify you by telephone or email of the arrangements for collection (using the details provided by you at the time of ordering) if this becomes necessary. You may be required to provide your booking confirmation email and your photo ID to collect tickets.
- 5.6 We accept no responsibility for the delivery or quality of the products and/or services included in a Package and/or sold as an Upsell. Any and all products and/or services included in a Package or sold as an Upsell are provided and fulfilled by our Event Partners, who are responsible for the delivery and the quality of such products and/or services. If you have any queries or complaints regarding the Upsell and/or the non-ticket element of the Package, please contact the relevant Event Partner directly. For contact details, please refer to the disclaimer on our website or to the booking confirmation email.
- 6. Tickets
- 6.1 Any ticket you purchase from us remains the property of the Event Partner and is a personal revocable licence which may be withdrawn and admission refused at any time. If this occurs, you will be refunded the sale price of the ticket which has been withdrawn or for which access was refused (including the relevant per ticket service charge but excluding any third party order processing fee).
- 6.2 Policies set by our Event Partners, may prohibit us from issuing replacement tickets for any lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets. For example for non-seated events, allowing a possibility of both the original and replacement tickets being used, may compromise the licensed capacity of the venue. If replacement tickets are being issued, we may charge you a reasonable administration fee.
- 6.3 When you receive your tickets, please keep them in a safe place. We will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. Please note that direct sunlight or heat can sometimes damage tickets.
- 6.4 It is your responsibility to check your tickets; mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- 6.5 You have a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on your ticket. We, the venue or Event Partner reserve the right to provide alternative seats (whether before or during the event) to those initially allocated to you or specified on the tickets.
- 6.6 When purchasing tickets from us, you are limited to a specified number of tickets for each event. This number is included on the first purchase page and is verified with every transaction. This policy is in effect to discourage unfair ticket buying practices. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person, per credit card and, for some events, a restriction may apply per household. We reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number without prior notice.
- 6.7 Tickets may be sold subject to certain restrictions on entry or use, such as restricted, obstructed or side view or a minimum age for entry. Any such restriction shall be displayed on our website or otherwise notified to you before or at the time you book the tickets. It is your responsibility to ensure that you read all notifications displayed on our website.
- 6.8 You may not resell or transfer your tickets if prohibited by law. In addition, Event Partners may prohibit the resale or transfer of tickets for some events. Any resale or transfer (or attempted resale or transfer) of a ticket in breach of the applicable law or any restrictions imposed by the Event Partner is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
- 6.9 You may not combine a Ticket with any hospitality, travel or accommodation service and/or any other merchandise, product or service to create a package, unless formal written permission is given by us and the Event Partner.
- 6.10 A ticket shall not be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweepstakes, unless formal written permission is given by the Event Partner, provided that even if such consent is obtained, use of our trade marks and other intellectual property is subject to our prior consent.
- 7. Event
- 7.1 It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the cancellation once we have received the relevant authorisation from the Event Partner. We do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- 7.2 Please note that advertised start times of events are subject to change.
- 7.3 Tickets are sold subject to the Event Partner´s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets, unless such change is a material alteration as described in paragraph 8.4, in which case the provisions of this paragraph shall apply.
- 8. Refunds
- 8.1 Occasionally, events are cancelled, rescheduled or materially altered by the team, performer or Event Partner for a variety of reasons. Contact us for exact instructions.
- 8.2 Cancellation: If an event is cancelled (and not rescheduled), you will be offered a refund of the sale price of your ticket(s), including the relevant per ticket service charge but excluding any third party order processing fee. If an event takes place over several days and one or more day(s) is/are cancelled (but not all the days constituting the event), a partial refund only may be payable corresponding to the day(s) cancelled.
- 8.3 Rescheduling: Unless indicated otherwise in relation to a particular event, if an event is rescheduled, you will be offered seats at any rescheduled event (subject to availability) of a value corresponding with your original tickets. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be offered a refund of the sale price of your ticket(s) including the relevant per ticket service charge but excluding any third party order processing fee. You must inform us within the time specified by us if you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, otherwise we may reconfirm your booking for the rescheduled date and you will not be entitled to claim a refund. If the event is moved or rescheduled, the Event Partner may set refund limitations.
- 8.4 Material alteration: If an event is materially altered, you will be offered an option to either reconfirm your order for the altered event or to claim a refund (of the sale price of your ticket(s) including the relevant per ticket booking fee (but excluding any third party order processing fee), within such time as specified by us. Failure to inform us of your decision may result in your order being reconfirmed for the altered event and you will not be entitled to claim a refund. A ´material alteration´ is a change which, in our and the Event Partner´s reasonable opinion, makes the Event materially different to the Event that purchasers of tickets, taken generally, could reasonably expect. The use of understudies in theatre performances and/or any changes of: (i) any supporting act; (ii) members of a band; and/or (iii) the line-up of any multi-performer event (such as a festival) shall not be a material alteration.
- 8.5 To claim your refund, please apply in writing to your point of purchase. You must enclose your unused tickets and comply with any other reasonable instructions from us. Tickets purchased in person from our ticket centre should be returned directly to the ticket centre for a refund. All other tickets should be returned to the following address: Ticketmaster, Grafton House, 70 Grafton Street, Dublin 2. For accounting purposes your unused tickets must be received within 28 days from the date of the cancelled event.
- 8.6 If you have purchased any Item associated with an event which has been cancelled, rescheduled or materially altered (such as car parking or travel) and a refund of a ticket is due to you in accordance with this clause 8, we will also refund you the purchase price of such Item, including the per Item service charge but excluding any third party order processing fee.
- 8.7 This Purchase Policy does not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about your statutory rights contact Citizens Information.
- 8.8 We regret that, unless paragraphs 8.2, 8.3 or 8.4 apply, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
- 9. Liability
- 9.1 Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. Neither we nor the Event Partner(s) shall be liable for you for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure.
- 9.2 Unless otherwise stated in this clause 9, our and the Event Partner(s)´ liability to you in connection with the event (including, but not limited to, for any cancellation, rescheduling or material change to the programme of the event) and the Item you have purchased shall be limited to the price paid by you for the Item, including any per item service charge but excluding any per order handling fee.
- 9.3 Neither We nor the Event Partner(s) will be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including you) or property howsoever caused (including by us and/or by Event Partner(s)): (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by us or the Event Partner(s); (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence); or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from breach by you of any of the terms of this Purchase Policy and/or any terms and conditions of the Event Partner(s) or your negligence.
- 9.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit our or the Event Partner(s)´ liability for death or personal injury caused by our or the Event Partner(s)´ (as relevant) negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
- 10. Admission and Attendance
- 10.1 The venue reserves the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any terms and conditions of the event or Event Partner. The venue may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons. Breach of any of these terms and conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall entitle the Event Partner to eject you from the venue.
- 10.2 Event Partners reserve the right to refuse admittance to the venue or to remove any person from the venue for reasons of public safety (including crowd surfing or moshing), any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury or for any breach of the Event Partners´ terms and conditions.
- 10.3 Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- 10.4 There will be no pass- outs or re-admissions of any kind.
- 10.5 The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited. Any photos, videos and/or recordings may be destroyed or deleted. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and a patron´s own food and drink may also be prohibited (please check with the venue).
- 10.6 You and other ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience.
- 10.7 Prolonged exposure to noise may damage your hearing.
- 10.8 Special effects which may include, without limitation, sound, audio visual, pyrotechnic effects or lighting effects may be featured at an event.
- 11. Queries and Complaints
- 11.1 If you have any queries or complaints regarding your purchase, contact us, quoting your order number given to you at the conclusion of placing the order.
- 11.2 Because we sell Items on behalf of Event Partners, we may need to contact them for more information before responding to your query. Some queries can take up to 28 days to resolve, but we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- 11.3 If any dispute arises, we shall use our reasonable endeavours to consult or negotiate in good faith, and attempt to reach a just and equitable settlement satisfactory to both you, us and the Event Partner.
- 12. Governing Law
- 12.1 All of these terms and conditions are governed by the law of the Republic of Ireland and any disputes arising out of any transaction with Ticketmaster are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.