7 Upcoming Events
- Jun 01Jun01Find ticketsTue 20:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin3 Hail Mary's
- Jun 02Jun02Find ticketsWed 20:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin3 Hail Mary's
- Jun 03Jun03Find ticketsThu 20:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin3 Hail Mary's
- Jun 04Jun04Find ticketsFri 20:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin3 Hail Mary's
- Jun 05Jun05Find ticketsSat 15:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin3 Hail Mary's
- Jun 05Jun05Find ticketsSat 20:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin3 Hail Mary's
- Jun 06Jun06Find ticketsSun 15:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin3 Hail Mary's
About 3 Hail Mary's
Set in an Irish nursing home in 2016, ‘3 Hail Mary’s' is a must-see rip-roaring comedy that will have you in tears of laughter.
By Tommy Marren, writer of the highly-acclaimed comedies ‘It’s The Real McCoy’ and ‘Nobody’s Talking To Me’, the play centres around three characters – namely Mary O’Toole, Mary O’Neill and Mary O’Brien.
The three Mary’s have lived in this nursing home for over ten years and have become great friends. However, due to circumstances beyond their control, they are being moved to three separate nursing homes and the play is set around their last few hours together.
Mary O’Toole is a very religious character who has great devotion to Our Lady of Knock. Mary O’Neill is a Londoner who met and subsequently married a Kerry man and moved to Ireland. Mary O’Brien is a retired nurse who has travelled to almost every corner of the world!
With dozens of hilarious one-liners the play moves with pace throughout as the three Mary’s laugh, cry, argue, sing, dance and recount their life experiences. From statues to fishing rods, a would-be music composer, an enthusiastic and very posh ‘volunteer’ and a very frustrated nursing home owner this play has everything!
You can expect a number of twists throughout and the play finishes with all three Mary’s performing an original song written by Tommy Marren entitled ‘I’m Really Still The Same’ which is written from the perspective of a person who has dementia asking loved ones to treat them the same as they always did.
Without exception the productions has received standing ovations from audiences who are captivated by the characters and the story.
With dementia so prevalent in Ireland this is a play that is as much thought provoking as it is funny and the script has been meticulously crafted to ensure that it is sensitive and compassionate to the subject of memory loss.
'3 Hail Mary’s' really is a play that entertains and educates…