8 Upcoming Events
International Events5 Events
- Apr 24Apr24Find ticketsSat 19:00Trinity - Bristol, Great BritainDai FreyrOn partner site
- Apr 26Apr26Find ticketsMon 19:30The Wardrobe - Leeds, Great BritainDai FreyrOn partner site
- Apr 28Apr28Find ticketsWed 19:00Glasgow Garage - Glasgow, Great BritainDaði Freyr
- Apr 29Apr29Thu 19:30Manchester Club Academy - Manchester, Great BritainDai FreyrOn partner siteFind tickets Manchester Club Academy - Manchester, Great BritainDai FreyrApr 29 19:30Find ticketsOn partner site
- Apr 30Apr30Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Forum Kentish Town - London, Great BritainDadi Freyr
About Daði Freyr
Music and family are the most important things in the world to Daði Freyr. It’s what drives him forward, what inspires him, and it’s what keeps him rooted to Iceland, to the close-knit communities he has always adored.
An artist who obsesses over the intricate craft of the pop song, Daði Freyr is a student of Eurovision. Working with the group Gagnamagnið – which translates as ‘data plan’ - ‘Think About Things’ radiates with all the joy and unity the competition can provide, while also offering something deeply authentic and new.
It all started in his Berlin studio. Part of the Icelandic diaspora, he takes a part of the island with him wherever he goes. Working from a tiny space in his flat, Daði Freyr’s DIY approach is matched to colossal pop ambition, a true student of melody and lyric. ‘Think About Things’ was directly inspired by becoming a father, by the changes in his life, and it’s brought Daði closer to those around him.
His wife, Árný Fjóla Ásmundsdóttir, is on keys. Backing vocals come from his two sisters. Daði even borrowed a vintage microphone from his father – a noted sound engineer – to help get the perfect sound.
Last updated: April 2020