14 Upcoming Events
International Events12 Events
- Nov 08Nov08Find ticketsMon 19:00Barrowland - Glasgow, Great BritainGlass AnimalsOn partner site
- Nov 10Nov10Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - Birmingham, Great BritainGlass AnimalsLow Availability
- Nov 11Nov11Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - Manchester, Great BritainGlass AnimalsLow Availability
- Nov 13Nov13Find ticketsSat 18:30The Brighton Centre - Brighton, Great BritainGlass AnimalsOn partner site
- Nov 13Nov13Find ticketsSat 18:30The Brighton Centre - Brighton, Great BritainGlass Animals
- Nov 14Nov14Find ticketsSun 19:30Portsmouth Guildhall - Portsmouth, Great BritainGlass Animals
- Nov 15Nov15Find ticketsMon 19:00Rock City - Nottingham, Great BritainGlass AnimalsLow Availability
- Nov 17Nov17Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - Leeds, Great BritainGlass AnimalsLimited Availability
- Nov 18Nov18Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - Bristol, Great BritainGlass AnimalsLimited Availability
- Nov 19Nov19Find ticketsFri 18:30Alexandra Palace - London, Great BritainGlass AnimalsOn partner site
- Nov 21Nov21Find ticketsSun 19:00O2 Academy Sheffield - Sheffield, Great BritainGlass Animals
- Nov 26Nov26Fri 19:00Liverpool Guild of Students - Mountford Hall - Liverpool, Great BritainGlass AnimalsFind ticketsLiverpool Guild of Students - Mountford Hall - Liverpool, Great BritainGlass AnimalsNov 26 19:00Find tickets
About Glass Animals
Glass Animals are a band with a very natural sense of mystery. Singer and song-writer Dave Bayley never had any intention whatsoever of forming a group, but around three years ago at medical school, insomnia gave him some precious spare hours. And what better use of spare hours is there than listening to music and messing around with Garage Band on a half-dead relic of a laptop you were gifted by your Dad? So the bare bones of Glass Animals’ first songs took shape late at night — inspired by South London's bass music scene - recorded secretly and quietly in a small room near Elephant and Castle. Surprisingly for everyone, the result was a beautiful piece of ambient electronica called Golden Antlers, pitched somewhere between Anthony & the Johnsons and James Blake.
Eventually this was shown only to Dave's three closest friends, now band mates, who tweaked it and pinched its haunches a little before they put it onto the Internet. Within days of the music going up managers, artists, promoters, agents and lawyers all began to get in touch. These friends had formed a band around themselves without even realising it. The band signed a publishing deal with Beggars, and then began speaking to various labels, at which point Dave knew he was never going to go back to science. In the late spring of 2012 the band released a single on XL’s Kaya Kaya imprint. A year later, with Black Mambo, they became one of the first signings to Paul Epworth’s Wolf Tone label.
ZABA will be released on 6th June through Wolf Tone/ Caroline International. The album was recorded at Wolf Tone Studios in London, and produced by frontman Dave Bayley under executive production of Paul Epworth. The 11 track record features new single, ‘Pools’, the previous single, ‘Gooey’, and a reworking of previous limited EP release, Black Mambo. Created in Epworth’s own studio it is undoubtedly among this year's most striking debuts. ZABA is one complete beast and a journey you will get most from if you immerse yourself fully and listen from start to finish - before you is a series of situations describing a wealth of strange characters and the weird, subtropical land in which they exist. “The sound of the record,” Dave says, "is like a backdrop of man-made wilderness…"
Inspired by Kanye West and Charles Darwin, Nina Simone and the Velvet Underground, ZABA is a rich and textured work, a very special record indeed. With Dave producing and Epworth as A&R and mentor, the studio became their home and the band were free to record, improvise and write at their own speed and so their sound has become a bigger, brighter, heavier and more intense experience than ever before.