Rap and Hip-Hop
11 Upcoming Events
International Events7 Events
- Nov 09Nov09Find ticketsTue 20:00King Tuts Wah Wah Hut - Glasgow, Great BritainKojaqueOn partner site
- Nov 11Nov11Find ticketsThu 19:00YES - Manchester, Great BritainKojaqueOn partner site
- Nov 11Nov11Find ticketsThu 19:00YES (Pink Room) - Manchester, Great BritainKojaque
- Nov 13Nov13Find ticketsSat 19:00Rough Trade Bristol - Bristol, Great BritainKojaqueOn partner site
- Nov 13Nov13Find ticketsSat 19:00Rough Trade Bristol - Bristol, Great BritainKojaqueLimited Availability
- Nov 14Nov14Find ticketsSun 19:00O2 Institute3 Birmingham - Birmingham, Great BritainKojaque
- Nov 16Nov16Find ticketsTue 19:30Village Underground - London, Great BritainKojaqueOn partner site
Kojaque announces Irish tour!
Emerging in 2015 with a video performance piece for Midnight Flower, a literally breath-taking performance piece taking place under water, Kojaque co-founded Soft Boy Records with Kean Kavanagh. Soft Boy quickly became a hub for experimental hip-hop, jazz, and the indiscernible genres that emerge when artists with vision find their voices.
Deli Daydreams arrived in 2018, ostensibly a concept album orientating around a week in the life of a deli worker, and loaded with heartbreak, tenderness, side-angle views at masculinity, and loneliness. The project was nominated for the Choice Music Prize, the prestigious album of the year award for music from Ireland. Green Diesel (2019), a collaboration with Luka Palm, followed.
Soft Boy became the subject of a Boiler Room documentary, Mercury Prize-nominated UK rapper slowthai chose Kojaque to accompany him on his sold out European tour to promote his album Nothing Great About Britain, and festival appearances exploded at Glastonbury, SXSW, Pitchfork Music Festival Paris, alongside multiple UK and Irish tours.
Kojaque’s directorial vision continues to create incredible videos for his tracks, vignettes that explore intimacy, isolation, hedonism, and offer a brilliantly surreal immersion into the Soft Boy world. In 2020, Kojaque performed a COLORS show with the track Shmelly, the first single from forthcoming debut album Town’s Dead due for release on June 25th this year.
- November 19 – Olympia Theatre, Dublin
- November 20 – Black Box, Galway
- November 26 – Dolans Warehouse, Limerick
- November 27 – Cyprus Avenue, Cork
Kojaque will be playing shows in Ireland as part of his 'Town's Dead Tour' named after the upcoming debut album which is set for release on 25 June 2021.
Tickets go on sale Thursday 29 April at 9am.