5 Upcoming Events
- 15/11/2022Find ticketsBord Gais Energy Theatre - Dublin La Traviata Nov 15 2022 19:30Tuesday 19:30Bord Gais Energy Theatre - DublinLa Traviata
- 16/11/2022Find ticketsBord Gais Energy Theatre - Dublin La Traviata Nov 16 2022 19:30Wednesday 19:30Bord Gais Energy Theatre - DublinLa Traviata
- 17/11/2022Find ticketsBord Gais Energy Theatre - Dublin La Traviata Nov 17 2022 19:30Thursday 19:30Bord Gais Energy Theatre - DublinLa Traviata
- 18/11/2022Find ticketsBord Gais Energy Theatre - Dublin La Traviata Nov 18 2022 19:30Friday 19:30Bord Gais Energy Theatre - DublinLa Traviata
- 19/11/2022Find ticketsBord Gais Energy Theatre - Dublin La Traviata Nov 19 2022 19:30Saturday 19:30Bord Gais Energy Theatre - DublinLa Traviata
Star Production at Festival Pucciniano in Italy
Probably the greatest of Verdi's masterpieces, LA TRAVIATA has long been one of the cornerstones of the operatic repertoire.
This production, featuring the spectacular sets of the renowned Italian designer Guiliano Spinelli, was one of the stars of the recent Festival Pucciniano in Torre del Largo, Italy. On this occasion, the THE MOSCOW STATE OPERA, who enjoyed great success with their recent visits to Dublin with their production of CARMEN, will be returning to Dublin for this very special presentation, accompanied by The RTÉ NATIONAL SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA.
Joining the famous soloists and chorus of MOSCOW STATE OPERA will be Irish favourite CLAUDIA BOYLE who will be performing the starring role of Violeta (on November 15, 17 and 19), a role she recently very successfully performed in London for English National Opera.
LA TRAVIATA ( ‘The Fallen Woman’) takes place in Paris around 1850 and is the tragic story of a well-known beauty and courtesan, Violeta, after a full life of parties and many lovers, eventually finds true love. Unfortunately by this time she has contracted consumption (TB) and is slowly becoming weaker and more ill. Her new love, Alfredo, is devoted to her and they enjoy a blissful life together for a short while until encountering many obstacles to their relationship, and she eventually dies of her illness.
The music is sublime with many well-known arias and choruses, and it is easy to see why LA TRAVIATA is the most performed opera in the world.
Sung in Italian with English surtitles
La Traviata translates as "the woman who strayed" or "the fallen one".
There are many beautiful aria's in La Traviata. Here are some of the most popular:
- Libiamo ne' lieti calici
- De' miei bollenti spiriti
- Ah! fors' è lui che l'anima
- Di Provenza il mar
See Verdi's La Traviata at Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, Grand Canal Square, Dublin from 15-19 November 2022.
The closest car park is Q-Park at Grand Canal Square. You can also park a short walk away at the Dublin Convention Centre underground car park.