7 Upcoming Events
- 08/05/2022Find tickets3Olympia Theatre - Dublin, D2 Richard Hawley May 08 2022 19:00Sunday 19:003Olympia Theatre - Dublin, D2Richard Hawley
- 10/05/2022Find ticketsDolans Warehouse - Limerick City, LK Richard Hawley May 10 2022 20:00Tuesday 20:00Dolans Warehouse - Limerick City, LKRichard Hawley
- 13/05/2022Find ticketsBlack Box - Galway, GW Richard Hawley May 13 2022 19:30Friday 19:30Black Box - Galway, GWRichard HawleyLimited Availability
International Events4 Events
- 17/12/2021Find ticketsOpera House Buxton - Buxton, Great Britain Richard Hawley Dec 17 19:00Friday 19:00Opera House Buxton - Buxton, Great BritainRichard HawleyLimited Availability
- 07/07/2022Thursday 17:00The Proms Arena - Lancashire, Great BritainLytham Festival 2022 Part 2 - ElbowFind ticketsThe Proms Arena - Lancashire, Great Britain Lytham Festival 2022 Part 2 - Elbow Jul 07 2022 17:00Find ticketsThe Proms Arena - Lancashire, Great Britain Lytham Festival 2022 Part 2 - Elbow Jul 07 2022 17:00
- 07/07/2022Thursday 17:00The Proms Arena - Lancashire, Great BritainLytham Festival 2022 Part 2 - Elbow - Access TicketsFind ticketsThe Proms Arena - Lancashire, Great Britain Lytham Festival 2022 Part 2 - Elbow - Access Tickets Jul 07 2022 17:00Find ticketsThe Proms Arena - Lancashire, Great Britain Lytham Festival 2022 Part 2 - Elbow - Access Tickets Jul 07 2022 17:00
- 06/08/2022Saturday 18:30Kelvingrove Bandstand - Glasgow, Great BritainSummer Nights - Richard HawleyLow AvailabilityFind ticketsKelvingrove Bandstand - Glasgow, Great Britain Summer Nights - Richard Hawley Aug 06 2022 18:30Find ticketsKelvingrove Bandstand - Glasgow, Great Britain Summer Nights - Richard Hawley Aug 06 2022 18:30
About Richard Hawley
Singer, songwriter, guitarist and producer, the multi-talented Richard Hawley was born in Sheffield in 1967. A friend and contemporary of Pulp front man Jarvis Cocker, Hawley has collaborated with a wide variety of other music artists in addition to enjoying a successful solo career. His solo projects have been widely critically acclaimed and have earned him two BRIT Award nominations and a nomination for the Mercury Prize.
Richard Hawley played in his first band, Treebound Story, while still at school. After becoming a popular fixture on the local live circuit in their native Sheffield and gaining famous fans such as radio DJ John Peel, Treebound Story eventually went their separate ways in 1992. Hawley went on to achieve greater success with the band The Longpigs during the mid to late nineties. 1996 proved to be a fine year for The Longpigs, with the songs On and On and She Said both breaking into the top 20 and the album The Sun Is Often Out spending many weeks on the album chart. The band also spent much of the decade touring with the likes of U2, to whose record label they were signed, and Echo and the Bunnymen and Radiohead.
After the demise of The Longpigs, Richard Hawley spent three years as a member of Pulp, playing alongside his great friend Jarvis Cocker. During his time with the band, Pulp headlined both Glastonbury and the V Festival. Hawley?s solo career began in earnest in 2001 with the release of his debut album Late Night Final. However, it was not until his fourth album, Cole's Corner, released in 2006, that Hawley made his solo debut in the UK album chart. This was followed by the hugely successful Lady's Bridge, which peaked at number six in the chart, Truelove's Gutter, a number 17 hit, and the 2012 album, Standing at the Sky's Edge, which reached number three.
Throughout his career Richard Hawley has been a valued contributor to the music of a whole host of artists. In 2004, alongside Jarvis Cocker, Hawley performed song-writing duties on Nancy Sinatra's self-titled album and even supported her on tour in the United States. He played lead guitar on the All Saints hit Under the Bridge and has written music for the likes of Elbow, Robbie Williams, Arctic Monkeys, Lisa Marie Presley and Shirley Bassey.