6 Upcoming Events
- Sep 10Sep10Find ticketsUpstairs at Dolans - Limerick City Soda Blonde Sep 10 20:00Fri 20:00Upstairs at Dolans - Limerick CitySoda Blonde
- Sep 11Sep11Find ticketsRoisin Dubh - Galway Soda Blonde Sep 11 20:00Sat 20:00Roisin Dubh - GalwaySoda BlondeLimited Availability
- Sep 12Sep12Find ticketsWhelans - Dublin Soda Blonde Sep 12 20:00Sun 20:00Whelans - DublinSoda BlondeLimited Availability
- Sep 19Sep19Find ticketsEmpire Music Hall - Belfast Soda Blonde Sep 19 20:00Sun 20:00Empire Music Hall - BelfastSoda Blonde
- Jul 17 2022Jul172022Find ticketsIveagh Gardens - Dublin Sinead O'Connor Jul 17 2022 20:00Sun 20:00Iveagh Gardens - DublinSinead O'ConnorLow Availability
International Events1 Events
- Sep 22Sep22Find ticketsYES - Manchester, Great Britain Soda Blonde Sep 22 19:30 On partner siteWed 19:30YES - Manchester, Great BritainSoda BlondeOn partner site
About Soda Blonde
Soda Blonde is the new alt-pop musical venture of Dublin artists Faye O’Rourke, Adam O’Regan, Donagh Seaver O’Leary and Dylan Lynch. Emerging from the ashes of internationally acclaimed Little Green Cars. The band have quickly built up a loyal fanbase who embrace the new sound, seamlessly weaving together influences from Fleetwood Mac, Little Dragon and Kate Bush. The result – enticing and dreamy alt-pop.
The new collection of songs were written by lead singer Faye O’Rourke throughout her early 20s, where she honed in on her unique lyrical style of gritty kitchen-sink realism, evoking the tragic beauty of Karen Carpenter and the pop sensibilities of Annie Lennox. Throughout their repertoire, O’Rourke’s powerful and hauntingly unique vocal marries hard-hitting, atmospheric grooves to birth a new wave of pop that is both emotionally provoking and deeply satisfying.
The band hit the ground running with the release of debut single ‘Swimming Through The Night’ - an ambitious track which establishes their authority within the genre and marks a promising future. The single is not only a triumphant anthem, it also showcases the stunning artistic talent of the collective who self-produced all aspects of their work including visual concepts.
Guitarist Adam O’Regan directed the video for the track, explains: “‘Swimming Through The Night’ was filmed over the course of three nights. We had no budget, but through the immense talent, effort and love of some close friends we’ve created a video that we are very proud to share with you. We were inspired by the works of Jean Cocteau, Hayao Miyazaki and Stanley Kubrick in finding the story’s visual language. We invite you, the viewer, to draw your own interpretation of its meaning.”
The Irish quartet have carved a distinct identity for themselves without compromising the musical integrity and charm that saw their previous project skyrocket to success. With a collection of brand-new music waiting in the proverbial wings and an array of live shows expected throughout 2019 and 2020, the future looks bright for Soda Blonde.
Updated: September 2019