13 Upcoming Events
- Nov 04Nov04Find ticketsThu 20:00Dolans Warehouse - Limerick City, LKVillagers
- Nov 05Nov05Find ticketsFri 19:30Black Box - GalwayVillagersLimited Availability
- Nov 07Nov07Find ticketsSun 19:00Empire Music Hall - BelfastVillagers
- Dec 11Dec11Find ticketsSat 20:30Vicar Street - Dublin, D8Villagers
- Dec 12Dec12Find ticketsSun 20:30Vicar Street - Dublin, D8VillagersLow Availability
- Dec 13Dec13Find ticketsMon 20:30Vicar Street - Dublin, D8Villagers
International Events7 Events
- Oct 12Oct12Find ticketsTue 19:00SWG3 - Glasgow, Great BritainVillagers
- Oct 12Oct12Find ticketsTue 19:00SWG3 - Glasgow, Great BritainVillagersOn partner site
- Oct 13Oct13Find ticketsWed 18:30Rescue Rooms - Nottingham, Great BritainVillagersOn partner site
- Oct 15Oct15Find ticketsFri 19:00Albert Hall - Manchester, Great BritainVillagers
- Oct 16Oct16Find ticketsSat 18:30SWX - Bristol, Great BritainVillagersOn partner site
- Oct 20Oct20Find ticketsWed 18:30Chalk, Brighton - Brighton, Great BritainVillagersOn partner site
- Oct 21Oct21Find ticketsThu 19:00Roundhouse - London, Great BritainVillagers
Villagers announce Irish dates!
Today, Conor O'Brien is pleased to announce Villagers' fifth studio album Fever Dreams which will be released on August 20 via Domino. Escapism is a very necessary pursuit right now, and Fever Dreams follows it to mesmerising effect. It works like all the best records - it becomes a mode of transport; it picks you up from where you are and sets you down elsewhere.
Coinciding with the announcement, O’Brien has also shared the first song from the forthcoming album, “The First Day”. It was inspired by a trip to the fabled Another Love Story festival in County Meath – beginning as a snatched electronic doodle, it morphed into a widescreen, lushly cinematic evocation of the joy in human connection.
O’Brien says on the gestation of Fever Dreams: “I had an urge to write something that was as generous to the listener as it was to myself. Sometimes the most delirious states can produce the most ecstatic, euphoric and escapist dreams.”
These are songs with the strange, melted shapes and the magical ambivalence of dreams. The intent of the songs is both mysterious and as clear as a bell. With Fever Dreams, there is a sense of a deepening mastery and an expanding reach by O’Brien. Inspiration for the album was found in many places and came in from all angles, from night swimming on a Dutch island to Flann O’Brien, Audre Lorde, David Lynch, L. S. Lowry via the library music of Piero Umiliani and Alessandro Alessandroni and jazz from Duke Ellington and Alice Coltrane.
Written over the course of two years, the main bodies of the songs were recorded in a series of full-band studio sessions in late 2019 and early 2020. During the long, slow pandemic days, O’Brien refined them in his tiny home studio in Dublin, and the album was then mixed by David Wrench (Frank Ocean, The xx, FKA Twigs).
Alongside the album announcement, Villagers have confirmed a string of live dates for later this year taking in the UK and Ireland.
- 04 November 2021 - Dolans Warehouse, Limerick
- 05 November 2021 - Black Box, Galway
- 07 November 2021 - Empire Music Hall, Belfast
- 11 December 2021 - Vicar Street, Dublin